To achieve mastery, you need to find your own, unique inner calling; use the help of a coach; and develop a growth mindset. Studying other athlete’s success can give valuable insight into what you would like to improve.
Who can achieve mastery?
- You don’t need inborn talent to become a master; just follow the steps of masters before you.
- Each of us has an inner calling which guides us towards our vocation in life and in sports – a discipline or field that we wish to master.
What constitutes a good apprenticeship?
- Your primary goal in a new field should not be immediate success or money, but to learn as much as possible.
- The best way to learn a discipline or skill is to have a coach who shows you the way.
How can masterful, creative thinking be achieved?
- Once you complete your apprenticeship, you must take action and challenge the very skills you learned before.
- You can reach optimal performance by broadening and training your mind.
What exactly is Mastery?
- Mastery: practice a skill until it’s automatic, so your mind and body act as one, freeing you to focus on the bigger picture.